Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Looking For Something?

Monday, May 22, 2006

Young Single Adult Weekend

So in case you didn’t read my blogs earlier. This weekend was our Seattle area’s YSA (Young Single Adult) weekend Conference. My bestest friend April and my friends Andrew, Ben and Dave came down to stay at my house for it, but Ben and Andrew both had to work late on Friday night, so by the time they left to come down to my house it was already past midnight. I’m a bit of a night owl, but not lately till 3 or 4 in the morning and that’s about the time that they showed up. So it was about 3 hours past my normal bedtime and I was pretty tired. We all got up around 9:30 the next morning and had breakfast together and then they went to their conference.

As tired as I was I didn’t nap at all, but I spent pretty much all afternoon talking to Dan on the phone and then he decided that I should go shopping. What a sweet husband I have, to say, “I think you should just go spend some money today.”

Don’t hate! As rare as they are, husband’s like Dan do exist. There are men out there in the world who realize that most women just love to shop and it’s something that they need to do every so often without any purpose. Maybe it’s because he trusts me not to buy anything that is stOOpid or useless. But to all you single ladies out there looking for the right man, make sure you find one like Dan, who will encourage you to shop. It does what every healthy marriage should do……….make the wife HAPPY!!!

So that afternoon I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and bought a picture to fill the empty wall above our couch, that’s been bare since we moved in. It’s Van Gough’s “Starry Night” and Dan and I both love that painting and saw it at BB & B a while ago and said that we have to get that someday, but hadn’t for so long and so I decided that Saturday was the day it was going to belong to us. Anyways that made my day better. I also bought this cool strainer thingy that is made of silicone and it lies flat, but it expands into a strainer. It’s a real space saver and it’s really cool. I’ve been looking for a new strainer and it was exactly what I needed, so I just had to have it.

Anyways enough of my shopping excursion (it wasn’t really, I just went to one store). So that night I went over to Jim & Sarah’s cause they were having a “Prom Party” for their daughter Amanda, but it wasn’t’ till 1am, so Sarah and I had our own Pre-Party Party and we played some Hand and Foot and then danced like we did in the old days. Ahh good times……acting silly just like at dances. Meanwhile the YSA friends that were down here were at the dance and we met up afterwards at around midnight and had a party of our own. They ended up bringing along some of my other friends, Darren and Aaron and some other girls that I didn’t know. I haven’t seen Aaron since before his mission (4 years ago) so it was really good to see him. Anyways we went swimming and hot tubbing till about 2:30am. It totally felt like the good old days when I was single and the parties were always at my house…..well the good ones anyways. So that night we were up till 3:30 again and I had to get up at 7:30am to fight for the bathroom between 4 other people, in order to get to church at my ward for 9am. Well when the alarm rang it felt like I had just gone to sleep and I was still SO tired, so there was NO WAY I was getting up and going to my ward. I ended up going to the YSA ward at 1pm with my friends and I felt a bit outta place. But I didn’t care. I needed to go to church that day and I didn’t care where. But I didn’t stay for all of it, cause that woulda just been weeod.

Anyways I came home and started preparing dinner for the crew (+ Monica, cause she came for dinner too) and I made my yummy Fajita’s and even yummier Gak-A-Molee. They came back, ate, had a great old time, were out the door by 6-ish and I was absolutely POOPED!



I talked to Dan for an hour and I was so exhausted I couldn’t even concentrate enough to talk to him. I decided that the best thing for me to do was to sit on the couch and watch a movie. Well that lasted about 15 min. Dan called me at about 8:15pm, (which woke me up) to say he was going to bed and I said to him, “I think I’m going to bed too”. I was SOOOOOO tired! I couldn’t believe it myself. It was still light outside, but I didn’t care! I passed out about 8:30pm and I woke up (just like I thought I would) and thought it was morning and time to get up, but it was only 2:30am, so I went back to sleep and woke up again at 8:30am. I slept for 12 hours! But I felt good and refreshed this morning and so I think I needed it.

Anyways it was a fun weekend and it felt good to hang out with my YSA friends again. Hopefully they’ll come and visit more often. HINT HINT!!!!

Tomorrow I’m so excited cause I’m going shopping again. This time it’s to Costco Home to buy a coffee table (another thing we need). But this one is awesome, cause I saw it about a month ago and it totally matches our dining table.



So I told Dan about it and he told me to go buy it. Oh he is just SO awesome. I love you DAN!!! I also get to go to IKEA on Wednesday with Sarah. I love shopping with her. It’s so much fun. But then it’s always fun when I get to go out with my Twinner.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews