Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Looking For Something?

Monday, January 9, 2006

Epiphany

I’ve come to a sad and horrifying conclusion of myself, after watching an episode of the 3rd season of this particular TV sitcom, that I Susan, am almost entirely made up of the same whimsical, paranoid and prudish personality as Dr. Frasier Crane, on the spin off show from Cheers called FRASIER. Dan and I have been observing this character, played by Kelsey Grammar, episode after episode for a few months now, but it occurred to me today as I was watching an episode in which Frasier gets mad at his dad for leaving a wet sponge in the sink, and he went on about bacteria and such. It was then that Dan & I looked at each other and I said, “I’M FRASIER!”


It was also then that we concluded that Dan was “Martin”, Frasier’s father: the un-stylish, un-refined, and casual, laid back, naive kind of guy; although highly intelligent and knowledgeable in most ways, completely un-educated and un-appreciative in the finer things in life, as Frasier is. And so it is with Dan & I.

Of course I’m not to the extreme as his character is portrayed, but we do share quite a few similarities in our lives. It’s me who always cares about how the house looks and how “things” are just for “decoration” or that we could never have a Thrift Store reclining chair in our house with our other nice furniture. (Like, ew!) Also I believe I have a keen fashion sense and I care about dressing nice (most of the time) and Dan doesn’t have a clue almost all of the time.

Umm, what else…………

Okay so maybe that’s all I can think of right now, but let the record show, it is a sad fact that I am Dr. Frasier Crane. But I don’t know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs. They’re calling again.

Good night Seattle. We love you!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews