Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Looking For Something?

Thursday, October 6, 2005

Going Once.....Going Twice......SOLD!!!

Okay.....I just got back from Enrichment a couple of hours ago (for those of you who don't know what Enrichment is, check my last blog) and I had the most awesome time! I felt like I was at a real auction. We even had little paddles made from tongue depressors and paper, that had numbers on them, so when we wanted to bid on something we just held it up. It was SO COOL! Like I said before I auctioned off a makeover and eyebrow threading (shaping) and I also auctioned off going to the temple with someone and then buying them lunch. I'm glad that all of mine were pretty popular and went for a lot of points. There was a huge bidding war against the makeover one especially.

Anyways I bid on quite a few things but I won the bid on two things. 1st was 2 hours of help doing my Family History and the 2nd was having my hair flat ironed. I didn't really care about that one really, but I ended up winning it cause barely anyone bid on it. So I look forward to redeeming my things as well as doing what I auctioned off to the ladies that won my talents. It was the best Enrichment night I'd ever been to! Lots of laughs and getting to know more ladies in my ward. I got to know a new girl there tonight and we found out later on when we got home and were telling our husbands about each other, that our husbands are both the Webelos Leaders (Boy Scouts) in our ward. They both work at the Millenium campus of Microsoft where they do XBOX stuff. So they already knew each other and here we're both telling our husbands about it. We felt kinda dumb.

Anyways I should be going to bed soon cause I have to be up at 6 am tomorrow so that I can go to my appointment at immigration at 7:20am. How insane is that, having an appoinment at 7 in the morning. The only good thing about it is that hopefully it won't be a long wait at immigration.....we usually have an appointment in the later morning or afternoon and by the time we go there, they're so backed up that we end up waiting around for at least an hour past our appointment time. So hopefully tomorrow it won't be a long wait and that I'll get my pass right away. I got my photos done at Costco and boy are they ugly! Didn't matter that I did my hair and makeup especially so I could look good and then they still end up looking like a mugshot cause you don't smile in them. Yay me! Anyways, about Costco.........well I get there and of course I'm like starving so I get myself a slice of pizza, which ends up being the size of like 3 slices! So ate that and then of course they have all the tempting samples so I had to try some of those and I was getting really full. By the time I came home and was ready to eat my Split Pea & Ham soup that I've been smelling all day, because it was brewing in the crockpot, and I couldn't even eat any. I was that full! They even had yummy appetizers at Enrichment and I didn't even eat any of those, cause I was still full and plus I wanted to save my stomach for when I got home, to sample my soup. And by the way it was DEE-LI-CIOUS!!!! There's like HUGE chunks of ham in it too. It's like the best I've ever made it. I'm such a good cook. And I'm humble too!

Anyways I ate a bowl (or two ) while Dan and I played a round of Skip-Bo. It's our new card game that we play thanks to "Fun Sarah". We played it at her house on Saturday night and they have like 4 packages of them so they game us one to take home. How sweet of her. It's a really fun game. I must have had really good luck playing it at her house cause I won a couple of games of it, but then ever since we've been playing at home, Dan kicks my butt every time! It's SO not fair! We're keeping a running score on it, just like we have while playing Rummy. So far on Rummy in the last month or so, we're up to like 14000 points. At least I'm ahead of him in Rummy points.

Okay so now I've really got to go to bed. I'll never be able to get up that early if I don't......and I still have to read my scriptures before I go to sleep. I'm almost finished though! I'm so excited! I've never even made it past 2 Nephi.......I've studied the whole Book of Mormon throughout my life, but I've never read it cover to cover before, so when I heard the challenge that our beloved prophet and president of the church, Gordon B. Hinckley, gave to everyone to read the Book of Mormon cover to cover by the end of the year, I decided to make my own challenge and take it a step further.....I promised myself I would read it twice before the end of the year and I'm gonna do it! I have gained more appreciation of that book of scripture.....of true doctrine and a record of the people who inhabited this continent over 2600 years ago....than I ever had before. I feel closer to my Heavenly Father even more so that I did before. It's a powerful book I tell ya. Right now I'm in 3rd Nephi and i'm at the part where Jesus Christ is visiting the Nephite people after his ressurection, before he descends back to the Father. Christ truly did show himself to his "other sheep" on the American continent, after His ressurection.The people who dwelt on this continent were warned of His coming, by prophets and He did come. It is a great and powerful book and I know that it contains the word of God. I know that it's true, not by man telling me that it is so, but because of the Holy Spirit that testified it to me, when I asked of God. As it says in the New Testament in James, chapter 1 verse 5:

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

More importantly though, it says in the Book of Mormon, in the 10th chapter of the book of Moroni, in the 4th and 5th verses:

And when ye shall recieve these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.

What a great blessing it is to have the knowledge of the fullness of the Gospel in my life. Not ever having to wonder why I'm here, where I came from and where I'm going. I know all these things and I share my knowledge to anyone who desires to hear it. Sometimes it's hard to express to those of you who aren't of my faith, how I live my life......not for the world, but for God and for my salvation and exhaltation....but at least on here I can write anything that I want cause it's my space. My life is always full of joy because of this knowledge and just like a really good movie or a really good sale, or really great food that you've eaten........you wanna share it with your friends and loved ones.....and I wanna share this message with all of you that God lives.....and He has a plan for each and everyone of us. He is there for you, no matter what and if you want to be directed in this life, go to Him. He loves you. You are His child.

I could go on for hours and hours about the gospel and how great it is, but I really have to go to bed. I don't know why I shared all that on my blog, but actually, I think it's about time that I did. It's about time I quit hiding what I believe and share it with my friends....all of you....whom I absolutely LOVE!!! Because it is a great and marvelous gospel, and I shouldn't keep it to myself. It will bring you happiness and true joy into your life. That is my promise. And if any of you out there want to know more, about anything, I'm always willing to share what I know, and how I feel inside my heart.

I love you all and I hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews