Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Looking For Something?

Monday, July 18, 2005

My Weekend

H'okay, so........this weekend was altogether, exciting, fun, adventerous and horrifying at the same time. It started out that Dan & I were supposed to go camping this weekend and then because we didn't plan very well and didn't have a tent or sleeping bags and the fact that I've been traumatized by bugs crawlingon me that we decided not to go and so the family was going to cancell the camping trip because they just all got back from Utah and all that stuff.
H'okay, so h'ennnyway.......we made plans to hang out with Jacki & Terrance Keenan (our cool friends down here in Redmond), to hang out on Saturday since we weren't gonna go to Yakima for camping. Well to make a long story short it turns out that the family ended up gong anyways to camp at Yakima Sportsman and so we decided that we would drive down to Yakima for the day, spend some time with the family and then drive home and sleep in the comforts of our home, but spend Friday night with the Keenans.

So Friday night we all went out to one of our favorite restaurants, Claim Jumper, and then Jacki and I went shopping at Lane Bryant. It was an absolute blast! We always have so much fun with Jacki & Terrance. We feel so comfortable with them and it's really great to have friends that both Dan & I enjoy hanging out with all the time. I mean, we have Lee & Amanda and Justin & Tricia, but it's really great to have someone down here where we live to hang out with all the time.

H'ennyways, after we went shopping we came back to our place to play some games and we had just so much fun. The End

Well that was the end of that night. H'ennyways Saturday morning we got in the car with only our bathing suits and a couple of blankets to sit on, in tow and we headed off to Yakima via McDonald's breakfast. It took about 2 1/2 hours to get there, but it was a gorgeous drive. We got to the camp ground and saw the family; we saw them at the end of May, but haven't seen David & Deena's kids since last September, so it was a really good visit. We were having so much fun laughing and joking around, that I sorta felt a little guilty that we weren't staying over night and that we would miss out on a lot of fun if we didn't stay. I mean we didn't even bring a change of clothes or anything, but we discussed it with the rest of the family and they figured out a way to shift around all the kids so that we had a place to sleep if we wanted. So we decided, "What the heck!" so all the grown up kids went to Wal Mart to do some shopping and we went to look for an air matress to sleep on.

H'ennyways to make this long story even longer.....just kdding I'm trying to cut it short, raaaally I am. So we decided we were gonna stay; we got bug spray to spray the tent so that I would feel okay with sleeping in the tent. (For those of you who don't know, I have a severe complex about bugs crawling on me when I'm trying to the fact that I have a stressful time trying to get to sleep in the first place.....but the two together......can you tell what I go through and why I don't like camping in a tent?) Then it got to the night time and we were around the fireplace and my father-in-law Doug was reading the family stories that his uncle wrote about some adventers in his life and with his brother (Doug's father). That's when I saw it. Well we saw a skink that David later shot with his BB Gun, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the biggest, honkenest, BILGISTICK bug that I've ever seen. It landed on my brother-in-law Nathan and by the way he freaked out about it........that' s what put me over the edge. "It" then landed on Dara (Dan's sister) who then shewed it off onto Jayce (David & Deena's son); everyone but Doug freaked out about this bug but Doug who calmly let it land on him and let it fly away. After that fiasco Dan came oevr to me and could tell that I had just seen my life flash before mine eyes. We took a little walk and that's when he said that it wasn't too late to go home. Then I lost it!
It was too late! It was already 10:30pm and it was at least a 2 1/2 hour drive home; besides I had already taken 2 Benedryl to help me get drowsy and I didn't trust Dan to be awake enough to drive. It was too late! We were stuck and I was freakin' out and I didn't want to stay afterall. I wanted to be there with the family; my heart said so, but my mind was going insane of the thought of being in nature with all it's little society members anticipating the trek across my delicate and sensitive-trying to get some sleep-body!

I know what you're goes the Drama Queen again! Well you know what? I may be just that drama queen, but I have got the most absolute bestest, most sensitive to my needs, caring, loveing husband who will do ANYTHING to make me happy and who knows exactly how I'm feeling just by looking at me. He knew that it was terrifying me the thought of having to sleep in a tent. He knew that if we stayed that I wouldn't be able to sleep to know what might happen. He knew that the only thing to do was to go back home or to go get a hotel room. He knew me, and I'm still amazed at how much he knows me better than I do myself.

So after being comforted by my wonderful husband and by my equally wonderful mother-in-law Diana, who reassured me that the family understands that I gave it a try and that I was willing to stay despite all my fears and worries and that they still love me no matter what, Dan and I got a hotel room and we stayed the night.

Although it wasn't the best night of sleep I've gotten, it still wasn't the worst. I probably got about a good 2 hours of sleep with a few 1/2 hours here and there in between all the snoring that was keeping me awake (can you guess who?) I love my husband more than words can say, but I cannot tolerate his snoring! Actually I do tolerate it and that's why I go insane if I have to sleep in the same room as he's in.

So anyways we had a great time with the family and although it turned out to be a nighmare and we spent a little more money than planned and I couldn't exactly remember the drive home casue I was running on a few hours sleep.........oh ya and I was driving too.........we have no regrets about going. It was a great experience for the both of us to learn and grow and to love each other no matter what.

Although next time we're renting a motor home...........Dan can sleep outside in a tent!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews