Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Looking For Something?

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve!



A Christmas Poem


'Twas the day before Christmas and all through the house,

Not a creature was stirring and hopefully not even a mouse!

The stockings haven't been hung by the chimney with care,

'Cause I had to buy emergency ones at the dollar store last night, since I didn't have the time to make some this year.

The children are all still nestled in their bed while visions of who knows what dance in their heads....(my girls have pretty strange dreams, apparently).

And I in my bandana to put back my short hair, since I pretty much cut it all off yesterday,

And Dan still asleep,

I awoke stressing out, cause my parents are coming in a couple of hours and I still haven't cleaned up my house!

When upstairs in the bedrooms there arose such a clatter, I knew what was the matter......darn it, everyone's waking up!!

I shouldn't be blogging, cause there's work to be done!

The moon on the breast of no fallen snow,

The sun's arising and I think I should go (no seriously I shouldn't be writing this).

When what to my wandering eyes should appear?

Dan and the kids will soon be coming down those stairs pretty soon.

I'll be whistling and shouting and calling them by name:

On Daniel! On Savannah! On Desiree! On Kayla!

Shine the top of the porch, clean the top of the wall!

Now dash away! Dash away! Dash away all!


Okay I think I've had enough of this attempt at Christmas eve poetry.


Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews