Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Looking For Something?

Thursday, March 18, 2010

March Makeover Madness

I was asked by the Beehive leaders to do an activity on hair and makeup. I decided to take it a step further and give a couple of the girls a makeover. They had an activity last month called the Silly Olympics. The 2 top winners of the Olympics “won” a free makeover by yours truly. ($170 value!)

The activity was held last night and the makeovers of the girls were made over the weekend. It was a lot of fun, but the makeovers were pretty tame. This was a chance to get a total change in their look, but in the end, both girls chose something not so dramatic. It was a little disappointing, but I still had fun doing it. I also regret not having any "Before & After" pictures. (Grrr!)

For the activity I gave the girls a Hair Care quiz to see how much they knew about hair care. The majority of them did fairly well and all of them said they learned something new. It was mostly a night where they could do each other’s hair and makeup and learn how to better care for their hair, but I also gave a demo of makeup for those who wanted to learn more.

Like I said before it was a really fun night and I was grateful and flattered that I was asked to do this. For everyone’s reference I’ve decided to post the hair care questionnaire for your benefit and knowledge. See how many you get correct. Post your answers in a comment. You can check your answers here.

True or False


1. Brushing my hair 100 times a day will make it healthy and strong
2. Hair grows faster/thicker if you cut it
3. Split ends can be fixed with the right products
4. Split ends will travel up the hair shaft
5. Hair grows faster on different parts of your head
6. Wearing my hair in a tight braid or ponytail will cause baldness
7. Sharing combs, brushes or hair accessories can spread scalp diseases
8. Hair should be washed everyday
9. Hair products labeled as “Natural” are chemical free
10. Hair will always remain the same texture
11. Swimming pool chemicals will turn your hair green
12. Dandruff is caused by a dry scalp
13. Dandruff is contagious
14. To get really clean hair you must “Lather. Rinse. Repeat”
15. Salon products are better than drugstore products
16. Your hair can get “used” to a product and not work for you anymore
17. Conditioners are only for people with dry hair
18. I should only use conditioner on the ends of my hair
19. Lemon juice will bleach hair blond
20. Blow drying causes hair loss


4 comments:

NaDell said...

FTFTTTTFFFTTFFFT!FTFT
The exclamation point is because I have lots of experience in switching products because of #16.
Fun little quiz.
I bet those girls all had a great time.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Taking a stab at it..

1. F
2. F
3. F
4. T
5. T
6. F
7. T
8. F
9. F?
10. F
11. T
12. T
13. F
14. F
15. ?
16. T
17. F
18. T
19. F
20. ?

Amanda said...

1.F
2.F
3.F
4.T
5.T
6.F
7.T
8.F
9.F
10.F
11.F
12.T
13.F
14.F
15.T
16.F
17.F
18.T
19.F
20.F

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

When do we find out the answers?

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews