Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Looking For Something?

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Colour Of Paradise ~ Review


An Iranian film in Farsi with English subtitles.

This movie is about an 8 year old boy named Mohammad, who is blind. The film starts out with seeing him in a school for the blind. When he goes home for the summer you get to see the beautiful relationship he has with his grandmother and his two sisters. As you watch the film you begin to realize that it's not the boy who is blind, but his father who doesn't appreciate his son. His father (who's a widower) thinks Mohammad to be a burden and he's more preoccupied in trying to marry another woman to gain status.


Mohammad was blind, but saw more than I will ever see. I never knew just how blind I truly was, until I saw this film. Words cannot express how I felt about this film, so I just recommend you to see it and give your own judgement.

It was nice to see Iran's country side. I didn't even know they had one. I caught a glimpse of customs, scenery, farmers and the culture of Iran. It was just simply beautiful. I don't even have another word to describe it.

Anyways there was a part in the film that touched me so deeply. It's a part where his father decides it's best for him to go and learn the carpentry trade with another blind man. The carpenter is teaching Mohammad about wood and to feel the different types. Then follows the most beautiful speech I've ever heard from a child.

I watched the movie on Netflix, but I found it on YouTube as well. This part with the speech is about the first 2 minutes.


I'm sure I was emotionally drawn to the movie and the characters, (beacuse I was balling like a baby), but it's still the best scene from the movie.

I hope you all get a chance to see it one day. I give it a 4 1/2 out of 5. If you can get used to the pace of the film and take in what you don't read in dialogue, then I'm sure you will enjoy this, as much as I did.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews