Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Looking For Something?

Friday, January 8, 2010

Before & After~Girl's Room

I'm officially done painting my first room!

Here's the Before:
Plain white ugly walls (gag, barf, blah!)




And..........

here's the After:
Positively girly in every way!





I’m not quite finished decorating, but you pretty much get the idea, right?

It was surprisingly easy to do. Here was my inspiration.

It was some random photo I got online. I knew what colors I wanted to paint the girl’s room and when I saw this picture, I knew that’s what I wanted to do.


Mine’s obviously a little different and not so “free-handed”. If you’d like to copy it, I’m including a tutorial.


Paint used:

GREEN: 3 coats of Behr’s Grape Green (400B-5)
LIGHT PINK: 2 coats of Behr’s Hopeful (690A-2)
DARK PINK: 2 coats of Valspar’s Pink Burst (1003-1A)

I started by outlining the waves. I measured 48 inches from the baseboard as the peak of my wave and then 8 inches across to where my lowest part of the wave would be, which was 45 inches high, from the baseboard. Pretty much the peaks and valleys are 16 inches across from each point.


Once I measured the peaks, I free-handedly connected my waves together. I then made the bottom line of the wave 5 inches wide. That was the easy part. All I had to do was measure 5 inches from where I drew my line on top and it was perfect.


I then “cut in” the green and light pink areas of my wall.





When each coat was semi dry, I then painted in my first coat of the dark pink wave. In order to get my green bold enough without looking too fluorescent, I needed 3 coats of paint. Other than that 2 coats of each was sufficient.

If you have any questions about it, let me know. Also let me know if I’ve inspired you to paint a room this way. I’d love to hear from you.

I’m going to paint the other girl’s room pretty much the same, except with the dark pink on the bottom, the light pink on top and a wave of dark brown.

6 comments:

Candice said...

I love it! I also love how you posted before, after, and inspirational pictures. I can't wait to see the rest of your house.

NaDell said...

I love it. I probably (okay I totally won't) do it, but only because I'm lazy and don't want to take down shelves and the girls' room is already lavender. Our son's room is also our computer room until he's out of the crib in a few months. Maybe a green, blue, brown would be nice in there.
Maybe I'll finally have a real "nursery" room.
I love getting ideas for things. Now I just have to refigure out how to decorate my living room that looks completely bare after taking down all the Christmas decorations.

Chesney said...

very cute!

tonksfam said...

Ohhh, I like! How did you get such a crisp line? A steady hand? I'd love to do something creative like this in our kids' rooms, but they have that icky fake-wood paneling from the 70's *bleh*. Maybe in our next house :)

Erekson's said...

I love it, awesome job, you have inspired me to paint now! Can't wait to see the rest of your creativity

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

What a transformation! I love the zig-zag look! : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews