Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Looking For Something?

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Greetings From The East Coast

So I’m in Raleigh, NC……finally, after 2 days of travel. Yup you’re reading this correctly; it took two days to get here. Let me explain why though. You see I flew Southwest and the flight stopped in Nashville TN (The Music City), where I had to change planes. It was a 2 hour wait until the flight to Raleigh and I kept hearing an announcement that the flight was overbooked and they were asking people if they would be willing to give up their seat to fly the next morning. Well I listened and I ignored it, cause there was NO WAY I was going to miss this flight. I was SO excited to see my husband and I didn’t want another day to pass not seeing him. Well after the 3rd time I thought maybe if they still needed someone I would go for it, I mean they were offering a flight in the morning and $200 plus the cost of my flight in Southwest credit, plus they would put you up in a hotel if you were from out of town, and that was enough to think that maybe it was worth it. But then I thought, “Oh they probably already have enough people that took the offer. Well just as I was standing in line getting ready to board, I heard the announcement again, for the 4th time. This time I wasn’t going to ignore the feeling that I had, which was that taking this would be really good for me. As long as I was able to get a hold of Dan before he headed to the airport to pick me up then it would be ok.

So to make this long story shorter, I stayed the night in Nashville TN. I got to stay at the Sheraton Music City which was a gorgeous hotel. My room had a patio and a view of the inside pool courtyard. I felt really spoiled, since the room was about $150 per night, but it was all on Southwest! I just felt really cool, cause it’s not like anyone can really say that they’ve been to Nashville………not just the airport either………I’ve actually been to Nashville! Well okay so I didn’t actually see much except what I saw on the drive to the hotel and back, but I have pictures to prove it!

The only sucky thing about this night in the hotel was that it was about 10:30pm by the time I got there (8:30pm my time) and I had to be up at 6:30am to get ready to go to the airport to catch my flight. Well not only could I not go to sleep cause I just wasn’t tired, but they put me in a room, surrounded by the rooms of about 100 high school students that were partying up at a school sponsored activity, (some formal dance or event of some kind). Well their curfew was for 11pm, buy they were being WAY noisy after that and after not being able to fall asleep, a couple of complaints and 2 hours later I was wide awake. So I figured, “well it’s only technically 11pm my time and I have to get up in about 5 more hours which would only be about 4am my time, why not try to stay up?”…………Ya that lasted about an hour. I tell ya I’m getting old! Well maybe it’s because I didn’t have anyone there to keep me awake, just cable TV with pretty much nothing on but that annoying Raven chick who was just as annoying on the Cosby show. So 4 hours of sleep later I got up and was starving to death, because they don’t feed you meals on flights anymore and the last meal I ate was at 4:30pm my time, which was some really nasty gross barbeque pork sandwich that I got at the airport………which pretty much the only selection of food they offered at the Nashville airport, either that or go sit in a smoke filled airport bar. Um…………no thanks. So I got up and snapped some photos of the view from my room. It woulda been cool to stay there for more than 9 hours, but I had a plane to catch! It was a beautiful hotel though………and huge!

Anyways I’ve had an okay time here so far, just loungin’ around watching TV. There’s not mush else to do while Dan’s at work so, besides do that and talk on MSN or the phone. Nope……that’s about it. Well anyways, I have so much to do so I’d better go. I’ll keep y’all informed with more later.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Total Pageviews